If you are a professional Gamer or Photoshop editor, it is very frustrating to see Flickering Screen. After new Windows 10 update, many users have reported this issue. Users have reported that their laptop screen starts flickering suddenly. This is very irritating and it can delay your work schedule. This constant flickering will distract you also decrease your productivity. Now there are many types of flicker, including random flickers and screen turn off automatically. Now there are many reasons behind the Laptop Screen Flickering issue.
Laptop computers have LCD displays and they are very sensitive to many things. Sometimes LCD displays have faults that occasionally create a flickering display, dots, and lines along. These displays are sensitive to a magnet. Sometimes your display also may be flickering because of software issues such as drivers or hardware issues.
Fix Asus Laptop Screen Flickering Problem
In case your Windows 10/8/7 laptop display is flickering randomly, here is how to fix the issue. Before going to apply any solutions given below, make sure that there is a proper electricity. Also, try to reboot your computer.
1. Switch off the computer. Disconnect all external devices. Turn off the computer. Take out the battery and reseat it. Switch on the computer again and see if it is working or not.
2. Right click on the desktop background and then choose Screen Resolution. Then Reset your resolution and refresh rate.
3. Keep All the Electrical items away from your Laptop screen.
4. Try to use another monitor for your Laptop and make sure that there is no any other hardware issue. If the second monitor flickers, chances are there are some issues with your operating system settings.
5. Update all the installed graphics and video drivers. If the update does not work then uninstall video drivers.
Reboot your computer and then see if it is working or not. If you don’t know how to uninstall drivers then follow these steps:
1. Press Win + R to open Run and then type devmgmt.msc and then press Enter.
2. Then search for Display Adapters and then right click on driver.
3. Select Update first and then follow on-screen guide. Now reboot PC and See if it is working or not.
4. If it is not working then again follow the same steps and then select uninstall.
5. Download the latest driver from the official website and then see if screen flickering issue is fixed or not.
The laptop seems to start as usual but the screen is quite dark, though it changes color a little and you are able to see an extremely faint image. Most Acer laptops have an onboard integrated graphics card so that you cannot expect it to carry out excellently for high effect gaming.